Dashboard 2.0 chart node page reconnect issue

Dashboard when returning to tab after some time, the page reconnects and this is the view, notice long time gap. Data interval 10seconds

Restoring the incoming data saved to context, fills in missing data, or refreshing the tab.

@joepavitt what is ocurring here, seems after some time when tab is not in view the connection gets dropped, when it reconnects it does not update the data after the connection reconnects.

I think the chart node needs to force refresh browser tab when the page reconnects.

I think you're correct. As you've described is exactly what's happening. We're not running an on-load event when the socket connection is re-established. Can you open an issue please?

Opened Chart node missing data after page reconnect · Issue #1297 · FlowFuse/node-red-dashboard · GitHub

Is that specific to the chart node or does explain similar problems reported with other nodes?

I wonder why you are asking this? As you have noted that this issue is similar to the text node issue you raised, and have already note it on the chart node issue. If you need an answer i suggest you test each dashboard node.

I need to know what I should test once the fix is committed. There is no point testing nodes unless there is likely that it will have fixed them.

I am unlikely to know what nodes to test, maybe you should of directed your reply to joe, rather than me.

I thought I selected Joe's comment and hit Quote. I thought that meant that the question was directed at Joe.

You know what thought did? He only thought he did

[edit] looking at the topic posts it seems you did , strange as I definitely received a notification that you replied to me.

I wonder whether I did something silly like clicking Reply on your post, then quoting from Joe's.

No, i think it is the fact that I started the topic, so i think the forum notifies me when anyone responds, So I think you did respond to Joe and the forum sent me a email to, which made me think you where asking me the question. Sorry for any confusion.

I suspect it's Dashboard-wide

That is good, hopefully it will clear up a number of issues.

Is there any way that [Regression] [PWA?] Widgets not receiving messages after sleep on Android · Issue #1251 · FlowFuse/node-red-dashboard · GitHub could be related to this?

No, I think that is a separate issue

Nice to see this bug squashed via Missing data after reconnect by Steve-Mcl · Pull Request #1343 · FlowFuse/node-red-dashboard · GitHub @Steve-Mcl :+1:

2 Likes