Dashboard blank after upgrade

My Dashboard is completely blank since my latest upgrade.
Running Dashboard 2.10.0, Node-Red 0.19.4, Node 8.12.0

Can´t find any error messages anywhere in Node-Red.

When loading the UI page in Chrome i get the following error:

"app.min.js:140 TypeError: io is not a function
at Object.connect (app.min.js:554)
at Object. (app.min.js:553)
at Object.invoke (app.min.js:63)
at R.instance (app.min.js:112)
at n (app.min.js:87)
at g (app.min.js:80)
at app.min.js:80
at app.min.js:42
at m.$eval (app.min.js:168)
at m.$apply (app.min.js:168)"

I have uninstalled and reinstalled the dashboard node.

Ny ideas?

Thanks

/Mats

It's usually takes a couple hard reloads of the page to flush the browser cache.

Tried that. Also tried different browsers on different devices. No luck so far...

It can be difficult to clear cashing.
I've found the easiest way to 100% rule out caching is to load the site in chrome incognito mode...

What did you upgrade and how?

I´m on a RPi so I used the script that updates node-red and node. I think i needed to reinstall the dashboard node manually after that, but I am not sure. It was some time ago.
To try to remedy the problem I have since upgraded npm and then upgraded everything possible with "sudo apt-get upgrade". I have also uninstalled and reinstalled the dashboard node both through the palette manager and with npm.
I have uninstalled all other "extra" nodes that are not in use. I have removed all dashboard nodes in my flow and started over with a simple test.
I still get exactly the same problem all the time. Now I am running out of ideas other than reinstalling the complete rpi on a new memory card, which I would really like to avoid...

In a terminal run node-red-log, then in another terminal restart node-red. Then try to open the ui in a browser. Post the messages from the log terminal here. Someone may see something relevant.

Ok, here is the log from a fresh restart of node-red. Unfortunately nothing happens in the log window when I open the ui in a browser.

Starting Node-RED graphical event wiring tool...
Started Node-RED graphical event wiring tool.
30 Oct 21:39:04 - [info]
Welcome to Node-RED

30 Oct 21:39:04 - [info] Node-RED version: v0.19.4
30 Oct 21:39:04 - [info] Node.js version: v8.12.0
30 Oct 21:39:04 - [info] Linux 4.9.35-v7+ arm LE
30 Oct 21:39:05 - [info] Loading palette nodes
30 Oct 21:39:10 - [info] Dashboard version 2.10.0 started at /ui
30 Oct 21:39:11 - [info] Settings file : /home/pi/.node-red/settings.js
30 Oct 21:39:11 - [info] HTTP Static : /home/pi/bilder
30 Oct 21:39:11 - [info] Context store : 'default' [module=localfilesystem]
30 Oct 21:39:11 - [info] User directory : /home/pi/.node-red
30 Oct 21:39:11 - [warn] Projects disabled : set editorTheme.projects.enabled=true to enable
30 Oct 21:39:11 - [info] Flows file : /home/pi/.node-red/flows_pitre.json
30 Oct 21:39:11 - [info] Server now running at http://127.0.0.1:1880/
30 Oct 21:39:11 - [warn]

Your flow credentials file is encrypted using a system-generated key.
If the system-generated key is lost for any reason, your credentials
file will not be recoverable, you will have to delete it and re-enter
your credentials.
You should set your own key using the 'credentialSecret' option in
your settings file. Node-RED will then re-encrypt your credentials
file using your chosen key the next time you deploy a change.

30 Oct 21:39:11 - [info] Starting flows
30 Oct 21:39:12 - [info] Started flows

That all looks ok, but you are still getting the error in the browser. I presume there is nothing in the log when you open the browser.
In your situation I can't think of anything else to do other than completely uninstall node-red and reinstall it. I am not sure of the easiest way to do that though. Hopefully someone will chip in and tell us. I couldn't see it in the docs.

What nodes do you have installed? If you go to .node-red/node_modules (cd .node-red/node_modules) and type ls node-red* what shows up?

Can you also supply your flow file? You will need to back up a level (cd ..) and enter cat flows_pitre.json tehn copy it and past it to a reply making sure to add three backtic's on the line before you past in the flow and the line after the flow.

Might be a red herring but I got a similar issue when the SDHC card crashed and I had to rebuild the RPI. After all was re-installed I imported the diligently backed-up flow only to find the dashboard config was not backed up with the export. Same issue as you, all works but no UI. Can you check the dashboard menu on the RHS of the Node-Red IDE to see if your config is there?

@Phealc did you notice the last response on this thread was 12 months ago??

Yes, after I responded!!