Debug does not show outputs

Hello, my Node-Red is working fine. However, for some reason I don't understand, it does not show any output from the debugs. However, all nodes are working.

It works very rarely, for example:

When I refresh the page, only one message can appear.

• I tried rebooting, the problem starts again after 1-2 days.

Hi @sefaguntepe

What browser are you using?, and does the browser show any error output in its console?

The debug node uses a web socket, to pass the message out to your Browser, so its worth checking if the browser is having issues.

And to ask the obvious, has a restart of the Node RED process not helped?

I am more suspicious of the cropped picture.

Putting that aside, I'd like to ask what the test node is injecting, and what the debug is showing.

If the inject has no payload and the debug only showing payload would show nothing.

I think the debug node just outputs undefined, if an expected key is not present when it's trying to report on it - at least it does here :man_shrugging:

It looks as if the debug pane its self is blank with the screenshot from the OP (as if nothing at all is being added to it at DOM level)

Screenshot 2024-09-14 at 10.10.58

1 Like

Mia Culpa.

Sorry. Seems the brain isn't at full capacity.

1 Like

which version of Node-RED?

I've managed to crash Node-RED so that it was in a "zombie state" (i.e. didn't crash but also no error message, no debug), so there was basically no indication that it wasn't working.

One use case that can cause this is duplicating the http endpoint msg - it has a loop error when the msg is transformed to Json (during duplication).

Hello, I have tried all browsers but still the same. I restart it and it works fine for 1-2 days, then the problem appears.

Last versiyon

I've been using it for 2 years, this is the first time I've encountered something like this, the message is full, payload and topic

try running node-red in debug mode (or even better trace) and check the log files.

in settings.js:

logging: {
        /** Only console logging is currently supported */
        console: {
            /** Level of logging to be recorded. Options are:
             * fatal - only those errors which make the application unusable should be recorded
             * error - record errors which are deemed fatal for a particular request + fatal errors
             * warn - record problems which are non fatal + errors + fatal errors
             * info - record information about the general running of the application + warn + error + fatal errors
             * debug - record information which is more verbose than info + info + warn + error + fatal errors
             * trace - record very detailed logging + debug + info + warn + error + fatal errors
             * off - turn off all logging (doesn't affect metrics or audit)
             */
            level: "info",
            /** Whether or not to include metric events in the log output */
            metrics: false,
            /** Whether or not to include audit events in the log output */
            audit: false
        }
    },

set level to either debug or trace and after it fails, examine the corresponding log.

@sefaguntepe it doesn't look like the debug node you show in your flow will run at a particular interval or when you do a deploy

also saying 'Last versiyon' isn't helpful since things change.

Please stop and start NR and copy and paste the startup log. (not a screen image)
what device are you running NR on?
Are you using 'Home Assistant' or 'docker'?