Deconstructing an object

How would i make a custom node that recives some
{ name: "Hello" }
and gives back only the name. Like msg.payload.name
I tried writing it like that but it gives back undefined

Please read the node red docs on creating nodes, that will give you a good introduction on how to do it.
When you have read and understood that, if it still doesn't work then put your node in a repository on github and give us a link to it, then we can look at it and install it if we wish. Do not publish it to npm though.

Understood. 1 more question tho. Can i somehow make global.set("LeadPump", msg.payload.value);
inside my javascript file of custom node?

Why are you updating global context from inside a custom node?

This can (will) lead to issues with peoples installation of node-red.

Unless there is a very good reason - do NOT update flow or global context from your custom node - instead, pass the values out of your node and the user can set flow/global context.

Im just testing something and need this to make it work. This wont be published on node-red. Just a practice.

In that case test it and see what happens.

dont know how to give set the global context
should be like this let globalContext = this.context().global; globalContext.set("Pressure1", msg.payload)

You can always learn a lot of basic things by looking at existing nodes from other developers. E.g. here.

This topic was automatically closed 60 days after the last reply. New replies are no longer allowed.