Define IP of a configuration node with a context variable

Hi!

Are there some opportunities to define the IP address of a configuration node with a context variable? There are no errors when I'm trying it with flow.set(), flow.get(), but it doesn't work.

I use version 5.13.3 of node-red-contrib-modbus
Node-RED version v1.1.3
Docker v 2.3.0.4 using the WSL2 based engine

Thank You in advance!

Hi @densalzmann

unless the modbus node uses an input like you see in the Inject node to select a context property, then it is unlikely to support it.

The alternative is whether the node allows you to provide the value via a message property - the sidebar help for the node should let you know what message properties you can use to config the node's behaviour.

Hi @knolleary

Sorry, do you meant to try to send the IP via a msg variable? I have also tried to send the IP via a msg.ip_server from the inject node. But it stays the same: I don't recive any error message, but it doesn't work.
The funny thing is that I tried to send the Port to the configuration node via a msg variable and it works, but gives me also an error: "Invalid properties - server". Could it depend on the data type, which the "host" or the "server" fields has to receive?

This topic was automatically closed 60 days after the last reply. New replies are no longer allowed.