DHT22 freeze for no reason

I have read the claims about not mixing old and new batteries.
I am still skeptical about it if this would also apply to my setup were the current is anyhow very low.
This is also not the topic of this forum but it would make a nice IoT project to prove the real effects of replacing only one battery. :wink:

If you always replace them together with two (or whatever) of the same type then they will both run out at virtually the same time, so what is the point in not changing them both? In addition it removes the very real risk of reverse driving a flat battery which can cause leakage, or if they are rechargeable then irrecoverable damage to the battery.

1 Like

I have one on GPIO13 and one on GPIO6, both GPIO are configured as 1Wire.
so each has his own pullup.
I'll change to have everything either on GPIO4 or one of the 2 above.

There is nothing wrong with having them on separate GPIO as far as I know, provided the processor can handle multiple at the same time. They are bit-bashed as far as I know so there may be some significant overhead. Normally they would all be on one however, that is one of the features of 1-wire, the multidrop capability.

here you go

it works like a charm !
thanks for the help

2 Likes

What did you do to make it work? Put them all on GPIO4?

no, I kept trying with GPIO13 and GPIO6. apparently the connections where not done corectly in the first time, maybe or there were an issue with the loading of the drivers.

It's good to know that multiple 1-wire buses can be connected, thanks for that.

j'ai suvi ceci:

1 Like