Dropbox Node Direct Folder Issue

Hello Folks,

I am currently using the Dropbox node to upload txt files to my dropbox. The issue is the node only uploads the documents to my dropbox and not a specific folder within it. Is there a method or setting in the dropbox node to be able to direct the upload to a specific folder at all?

Thank you,

E

Hello edwardr,

you can do it with this exemple flow.
Don't forget first to define the variable "Backup-user-name" with a text node for example.
And launch the backup with the inject

[{"id":"13c154f6.33f9db","type":"function","z":"aad530d6.afa61","name":"Read filenames","func":"var nom = global.get(\"Backup-nom-utilisateur\");\nvar path = ('/home/pi/Pictures/');\nvar fs = (global.get('fse'));\n\nfs.readdirSync(path).forEach(file => {\n//node.send({localFilename: \"/home/pi/Pictures/\"+(file), filename: 'Dir/subdir/'+(file)});\nvar file_dest = \"Clients/\" + nom +\"/\" + file\nnode.send({localFilename: \"/home/pi/Pictures/\"+(file), filename: (file_dest)});\n});\nreturn null;","outputs":1,"noerr":0,"initialize":"","finalize":"","libs":[],"x":380,"y":1060,"wires":[["b2fd551.7986da8"]]},{"id":"b2fd551.7986da8","type":"dropbox out","z":"aad530d6.afa61","dropbox":"","filename":"","localFilename":"","name":"","x":560,"y":1060,"wires":[]},{"id":"dbb65ca8.f0a5e","type":"inject","z":"aad530d6.afa61","name":"backup","props":[{"p":"payload"},{"p":"topic","vt":"str"}],"repeat":"","crontab":"","once":false,"onceDelay":0.1,"topic":"","payload":"","payloadType":"date","x":210,"y":1060,"wires":[["13c154f6.33f9db"]]}]

And in Dropbox, it should have this kind of result. The final directory has been defined as "docker" under /Clients directory.

This is what was to be saved

1 Like

This topic was automatically closed 14 days after the last reply. New replies are no longer allowed.