Error message: unexpected identifier

I'm trying to creatie a custom node, based on the tutorial from the Node-RED website. When loading the flow, I get an error message 'unexpected identifier'. Based on the fact that the edit form is not shown correctly, I suspect the error to be in the template part from the HTML file. Is there any way tot get more information on where exactly the error was generated? I looked at the log file with 'trace' setting, but that did not help me much...
Thanks in advance!

1 Like

Syntax error somewhere in your code. Something like comma or colon in wrong place or similar. Doesn't browser console point that out for you?

0 Likes

Hi, I reviewed the code several times for those things, I keep overlooking it, I guess. Where would I find the browser console? I only get a small pop-up with the error in the Node-RED ui. Not much extra information available there...

0 Likes

That depends on your browser. Your favourite search engine should tell you for your particular one.

0 Likes

All desktop browsers will show you the console if you press F12 (assuming you have a keyboard with function keys that is).

0 Likes