Error redirection

I'm using tuya-smart-device to control some bulbs. If the power switch is off the bulb is naturally off and the tuya-smart-device can't connect. That is alright I even capture the status of the node to set proper value of the bulb in another app. However... when tuya-smart-device node cannot establish a connection it generates error that is logged on debug window and since I have couple of such devices debug windows gets pretty messsy.

I'm looking for solution that would allow to keep the debug windos clean. Is there a way to redirect errors from specific node to console or a file instead of displaying in debug window?

try adding a catch node. If the tuya-smart-device node is written correctly it should send the error to the catch node (then from there you can chose to send the error to a debug node (or not))

If the catch node fails to catch the error, then you should find the repo / contact the autor / raise an issue on the tuya-smart-device project & request that node.error is called with a 2nd parameter to permit the catch node to catch errors it raises.

@Steve-Mcl

Thank you for your reply. I indeed tried with catch node and I could not catch the error but since it was the first time to use catch node I was not sure how it should work hence my post here. So indeed it looks like the tuya-smart-defice node does not allow to catch erros so following your advice I've just created issue at repo of the project.

Once again thank you for your reply

This topic was automatically closed 60 days after the last reply. New replies are no longer allowed.