Error while using FTP from Node RED and Filezilla

I stopped the Node-RED and try to reach the server with Filezille by entering the IP, username and pwd and still could not reach the server.
Also tried to reach the server with Test an FTP Server • Wormly Monitoring, and was unsuccessful as well. Throwing error as 'That is not a valid hostname'.

I am trying now removing the flows (exporting it outside) on the Node-RED on the hardware device and check if I could reach the hardware and collect the files already created.

Let me get this strait:

• you have an FTP server installed on the ADAM 6717...correct?
  • this device exposed to the internet...correct?
  • you use to be able to access the FTP server using FileZilla...correct?
  • you now can not access the FTP server using the user name/password...correct?

If the answers to all ot those questions it 'yes' your device has probably been hacked.

I tried removing all the flows on Node-RED platform present inside the Hardware. Still I could not connect with the server and access the files stored.

• you have an FTP server installed on the ADAM 6717...correct? - yes
  • this device exposed to the internet...correct? - yes, tried by directly connecting the devide to my Laptop through RJ 45 cable and still no connection established.
  • you use to be able to access the FTP server using FileZilla...correct? Yes, previously also I faced the problem of not getting connected, but after few days it was working. Then again now I have this problem.
  • you now can not access the FTP server using the user name/password.. yes

I will try to reach the Hardware company and ask for help!

Thank to your wonderful help.
Hope I get some answers.

As @zenofmud suggests I would suspect it has now been hacked/hijacked. I would do a full factory reset and ideally reflash any firmware/operating system in order to reset it as fully as possible. FTP is not a secure protocol and should not be used on the open internet.

This topic was automatically closed 60 days after the last reply. New replies are no longer allowed.