Error with MYSQL 2 - Status - crash NODE-RED

I'm using NODE MYSQL2 as a connection to my database.

I put it in a subflow.

I added an OUTPUT Status.

But when you have this option, it completely crashes NODE-RED and I need to manually restart.

[{"id":"4639c7fae2510b5a","type":"subflow","name":"PrepBD","info":"","category":"","in":[{"x":80,"y":100,"wires":[{"id":"8cc0b55b7d0743c0"}]}],"out":[{"x":1020,"y":100,"wires":[{"id":"4135b832b386a610","port":0}]}],"env":[],"meta":{},"color":"#DDAA99","status":{"x":1020,"y":180,"wires":[{"id":"4135b832b386a610","port":0}]}},{"id":"8cc0b55b7d0743c0","type":"change","z":"4639c7fae2510b5a","name":"copy flow/global to msg","rules":[{"t":"set","p":"payload","pt":"msg","to":"{}","tot":"json"},{"t":"set","p":"payload.ip","pt":"msg","to":"IP_vGlobalBD","tot":"global"},{"t":"set","p":"payload.porta","pt":"msg","to":"Porta_vGlobalBD","tot":"global"},{"t":"set","p":"payload.usuario","pt":"msg","to":"Usuario_vGlobalBD","tot":"global"},{"t":"set","p":"payload.senha","pt":"msg","to":"Senha_vGlobalBD","tot":"global"},{"t":"set","p":"payload.nomeBD","pt":"msg","to":"NomeBD_vGlobalBD","tot":"global"}],"action":"","property":"","from":"","to":"","reg":false,"x":290,"y":100,"wires":[["effa65099dd2a525"]]},{"id":"4135b832b386a610","type":"mysql2","z":"4639c7fae2510b5a","name":"","server":"","bind":"","topic":"","x":760,"y":100,"wires":[[]]},{"id":"effa65099dd2a525","type":"function","z":"4639c7fae2510b5a","name":"prep_MQTT_Conn","func":"\nconst ip = msg.payload.ip\nconst porta = msg.payload.porta\nconst usuario = msg.payload.usuario\nconst senha = msg.payload.senha\nconst nomeBD = msg.payload.nomeBD\n\nmsg.server = {\n    \"host\": ip,\n    \"port\": porta,\n    \"username\": usuario,\n    \"password\": senha,\n    \"db\": nomeBD\n}\n\nreturn msg;","outputs":1,"noerr":0,"initialize":"","finalize":"","libs":[],"x":550,"y":100,"wires":[["4135b832b386a610"]]},{"id":"eb96b8b79efaea17","type":"change","z":"4639c7fae2510b5a","name":"","rules":[{"t":"set","p":"server","pt":"msg","to":"{'host': $globalContext('IP_vGlobalBD'),\t 'port': $globalContext('Porta_vGlobalBD'),\t 'username': $globalContext('Usuario_vGlobalBD'),\t 'password': $globalContext('Senha_vGlobalBD'),\t 'bd': \"TelemetriaEnervision\"\t }","tot":"jsonata"}],"action":"","property":"","from":"","to":"","reg":false,"x":260,"y":260,"wires":[[]]},{"id":"4a50ea77c5d0ed5b","type":"comment","z":"4639c7fae2510b5a","name":"Quem sabe futuro usar esse Change","info":"Não consegui fazer funcionar com o mysql2, ele diz que o nome do banco de dados não está selecionado.","x":320,"y":220,"wires":[]}]
Jan 26 16:23:49 DietPi node-red[1957]: at Object.connect (/mnt/dietpi_userdata/node-red/node_modules/node-red-contrib-mysql2/nodes/utils.js:5:12)
Jan 26 16:23:49 DietPi node-red[1957]: at MySql2._inputCallback (/mnt/dietpi_userdata/node-red/node_modules/node-red-contrib-mysql2/nodes/mysql2.js:52:50)
Jan 26 16:23:49 DietPi node-red[1957]: at /mnt/dietpi_userdata/node-red/node_modules/@node-red/runtime/lib/nodes/Node.js:210:26
Jan 26 16:23:49 DietPi node-red[1957]: at Object.trigger (/mnt/dietpi_userdata/node-red/node_modules/@node-red/util/lib/hooks.js:166:13)
Jan 26 16:23:49 DietPi node-red[1957]: at Node._emitInput (/mnt/dietpi_userdata/node-red/node_modules/@node-red/runtime/lib/nodes/Node.js:202:11)
Jan 26 16:23:49 DietPi systemd[1]: node-red.service: Main process exited, code=exited, status=1/FAILURE
Jan 26 16:23:49 DietPi systemd[1]: node-red.service: Failed with result 'exit-code'.
Jan 26 16:23:49 DietPi systemd[1]: node-red.service: Consumed 15.428s CPU time.

Unfortunately this NODE should not have this behavior.

Why are you using that node and not the one supported by the core team (node-red-node-mysql)

As for this issue, no idea since that node doesnt have link to its repository so I cannot see exactly why it crashes node-red.

What I can say is any node that does not correctly handle its errors (especially in promises/async code) will crash node-red and we encourage users to raise an issue on the repository asking the developer to properly handle errors.

I'm using this node because I can insert the database connection data via global variables.

I have an application where this is important: An external professional who is not a programmer. Fill in data such as IP, User, password, port and database.

The current official MYSQL by the NODE-Red team does not allow these modifications dynamically.

Do you have any suggestions for using a database connector that does this dynamically and has stability?

If it needs to be set once, for 1 database, without modifying flows, then simply use ENV VARS. Then instruct the external person the ENV VARS to set before launching node-red

Using ENV VARs for text fields.
DOCS: Using environment variables : Node-RED

If the connection needs to be changed at runtime, then you will need to fork node-red-node-mysql (or another repo) and add runtime setting feature yourself.

Populating the database property once will partially solve my problem.

I don't have the knowledge to modify the current node to allow receiving these settings dynamically, so I don't even try to fork.

You could try it like this instead (suggested this a couple of days ago):

It requires to have external modules to be enabled in settings.
Then you can make it dynamic.

I think the concept of the visual language is to use as little code as possible.

In that case your suggestion is very good.

But it also involves typing a lot of code.

Ideally, there should be a mysql NODE that allows dynamically changing connections using the change node.

Or maybe you can do that and I haven't thought of an elegant solution.

But it also involves typing a lot of code.

You type (copy) it once, you can feed the data via msg.payload.host, msg.payload.user etc....
See documentation from which you can copy the code.

replace the host: "192.168.1.4 with host:msg.payload.host etc and you can reuse it (ie: dynamic).

I don't see the issue, or do you want everything to be served on a plate?

The reason (i assume) that it is not dynamic is because of database security and encryption of the password, which will be completely omitted with this and your "solution".

You are completely right.

That way I can with only one node... Assigned in subflow to act as a function.

Thank you very much.

I think you found an elegant solution.

This topic was automatically closed 60 days after the last reply. New replies are no longer allowed.