Errors Since Node-RED 3.0 Upgrade

Updated docker container to latest 3.0.0 and it did not start. After some messing about I think it's now working but I'm having repeated issues with a couple of modules which are throwing errors.

14 Jul 18:49:35 - [warn] ------------------------------------------------------
14 Jul 18:49:35 - [warn] [node-red-contrib-huemagic/hue-bridge] SyntaxError: Unexpected end of input
14 Jul 18:49:35 - [warn] ------------------------------------------------------

I've done npm remove/install and used the palette to get the latest version, but it does this:

Not really sure what to do next - can anyone help me with any suggestions?

Did you reload the editor browser window?

Yes, also I just cleared local cache in case it's a browser side issue, but I don't think that's the case as it writes out that "Unexpected end of input" error at startup.

It could be a bug in this specific module. I think it's well maintained so I guess if it is they'll fix it. I think it's a commonly installed module among home-automation crowd, so I'm hopeful I'll not be the only one with the issue.

@deggle - welcome to the forums. You're not going to want to hear this, but Hue Magic is a mess and hasn't been upgraded in months. Your best bet is to switch to the @yadomi/node-red-contrib-philipshue-events nodes. It takes a bit to set up, but it's rock solid and once it's up, it's up. If you want some tips and or sample flows to see how it works, I'd be happy to help.

1 Like

I can only confirm this. Hue Magic stopped working reliably some time ago and there is, unfortunately, no visible development of this node. Time to look for alternatives.

Haha, no this is fine - I only actually have a few flows as I don't use a lot of Hue kit (it's expensive, and I prefer the more flexible ESP-based stuff).

In fact, hearing there is a better library/route would be enough for me to swap it out even if it was stil working. Thank you for the recommendation - the lib looks to be a bit more 'raw' with it's output, but nothing that studying some debug packets won't solve!

Thanks to all that responded.

I only actually have a few flows as I don't use a lot of Hue kit (it's expensive, and I prefer the more flexible ESP-based stuff).

zigbee2mqtt with (cheap) ikea and/or philips bulbs works great as an alternative and you can control the lot with mqtt.

1 Like

This topic was automatically closed 60 days after the last reply. New replies are no longer allowed.