Espcam in node red

Hello
I raised the video of this camera on node red and i can see the video from the node red dashboard, but because the ip of the camera is local, when I want to see the image outside the house, I can not. Do you have a solution that I can see outside the house?

This is an area that is fraught with dangers - they are well discussed in this forum already. Unless you really know what you are doing, I would advise against exposing the camera output to the Internet.

However, there are still things you can do a bit more safely.

Simplest being to set up something like NGROK or cloudflared to provide a simple jump point into your network (a bit like a very simple VPN). Just note that the default settings of these kinds of services may not be secure. Make sure you can ONLY access via HTTPS and use a strong access passcode. A secure configuration for NGROK was provided by me some while ago in the forum.

Also, depending on how much you want to see and how quickly, you may even be able to use a Telegram bot to send an image or snippet of video. This has the advantage that you are not necessarily exposing your network and Telegram has reasonable security by default.

thank you so much

This topic was automatically closed 30 days after the last reply. New replies are no longer allowed.