I am going to see if I can build an even better, slicker version of this using UI Builder, but I wanted to show what I was able to accomplish, with some elaborations:
Note that this whole tab shows off how I can hide that there are different types of lights controlled in different ways.
- Desk and Floor Lamps are Ikea Bulbs controlled via Hubitat
- Credenza is a built in lamp controlled by an Ikea switch via Hubitat
- Ikea Color is an Ikea Color bulb controlled by Zigbee2MQTT
- Illumin Color is an Inovelli color bulb controlled by Hubitat
Power section has switch for each light and a single switch for all. The only drawback is that the All switch will remain off when lights are turned on individually.
The Z2M triggers certain effects that are built into Zigbee2MQTT.
The Brightness Controls allow for individual and group brightness control.
The Brightness Up, Down, Stop allows me to start shifting all lights from either the brightest level toward 100% or the lowest level of any of the bulbs to 1%. The speed of that shift is based on taking the brightness Change Duration and then using that for the time from 1% to 100%. Thus if the bulbs are at 50% and the brightness up button is selected and the brightness change duration is 2 seconds, then the bulbs will take 1 second to get to 100%. I allow the duration to range from 0 to 25 seconds, though in practice 1 second doesn't work well.
Additionally, since the bulbs actually respond in non-identical ways, they don't stay in perfect synch. As a result, the stop button, picks the average of where they are when it is clicked and then move all of them to that value over 2 seconds which is invisible to my eye but much more aesthetically pleasing on the dashboard.
The color wheel lets me select a color request that is sent to both color bulbs and then transition over the specified time. I will however note that every vendors color bulb differs on what colors are rendered well. Unfortunately I have not found one that does have major weaknesses somewhere in the range. (In addition to the ikea and innovelli I have here, I have also experimented with a hue bulb.) Thus though they both are going to the same color, in many cases the results differ.
The color temperature does the same to adjust any color temp bulb to the desired temperature.
This is similar to the Game Room only it has an added fan control
- Controlled devices run from this tab include:
- Charger is a phone charger controlled by an Ikea switch via Zigbee2MQTT
- Overhead is a standard bulb in a fan controlled by a GE/Jasco Z-Wave Plus Smart Switch via Hubitat
- Bedside bulb is an Ikea Bulb controlled via Zigbee2MQTT
- Fan is a standard ceiling fan controlled by GE/Jasco Smart Fan Control via Hubitat
- Eva's Room is similar to the other rooms, but it also has a series of buttons to trigger various LED effects on an Inovelli LZW36 combination Light/Fan controller via Hubitat
- The power section is very similar. The 2 items are:
- Table Lamp is a TP-Link LB100 via Hubitat
- Corner is a standard bulb controlled by an Ikea switch via Hubitat
- The input selection allows choosing a Harmony activity via node-red-contrib-harmony-websocket node
- Similarly all of the TV and Soundbar controls do Harmony remote actions via node-red-contrib-harmony-websocket
The Thermostat tab displays and controls 2 thermostats.
- Upstairs is a Honeywell T6 Pro (Z-wave plus) via Hubitat
- Downstairs is a Lennox iComfort via Hubitat
The Other Controls are all Ikea switches 2 via Hubitat 1 via Zigbee2MQTT.
I am not really satisfied with this dashboard as you can see some missing data and some areas that don't show the history I am trying to show. Here are the types of devices sending in data:
- Konke ZigBee Temperature Humidity Sensors via Hubitat
- The 2 Thermostats
- Nest Protect motion sensors via Homebridge
- Ikea motion sensor via Zigbee2MQTT
- Eve motion sensor via Apple Home via Homebridge
- Aeon Multisensor 6 via Hubitat
- Fire 7 tablet motion sensing via Fully Browser Kiosk
- Harmony Hub via node-red-contrib-harmony-websocket node
- Inovelli LZW36 combination Light/Fan controller via Hubitat for Energy and Power
- Aqara Wall Switch Double relay (LLKZMK11LM) via Hubitat
- Aqara Vibration Sensors via Hubitat
- Monoprice Z-wave plus (not actually powered on at the moment) contact senor via Hubitat
- TP-Link LB100 comms error reading via Hubitat