Exec node not opening exe file

Hi,

on windows if I fire the command "C:\Program Files (x86)\Magnetek\IMPULSE Link 5\IMPULSELink5.exe" from the cmd terminal this program opens.

i want to run the same command from an exec node but i cant get it to open the program.
i get a pid has started but the program wont open up.

is there something i am missing in the exec node?
"C:\Program Files (x86)\Magnetek\IMPULSE Link 5\IMPULSELink5.exe" is all i put and triggered it from an inject node to test.

I also have node red started with the task scheduler.

i stopped the process and started node red in a new instance and from there i was able to open the app.

i also noticed that the app is starting from my first node red issue but it is starting as a background process. this is why i thought it wasn't opening.

any ideas on how to make everything open up correctly using the task scheduler to run node red on boot for windows?

Hi @incos - this is happening probably because you have started Node-RED from the task scheduler using the SYSTEM user rather than your actual user id.

You should either change the startup or adjust the exec to use runas and run as a different user (your logged in user).

Windows: How to Run with Alternate Credentials and Open Elevated Command Prompts - TechNet Articles - United States (English) - TechNet Wiki (microsoft.com)

great thanks for the help. i will look into this and try to run it as the user

This topic was automatically closed 60 days after the last reply. New replies are no longer allowed.