Expert needed RasPi project I2C, GPIO issues

Good Day! know that you can email the creator of a node if you need help. or msg the individual here.
Sorry I just noticed this thread.
If you run into any more issues with " i2c-lcd-adafruit-sainsmart" let me know.

Meeki

1 Like

HI mate, thank you for your kind help,
well time passed and I found some other solutions, I definely stop using RaspberryArduino project, it's too buggy and not very compatible, I used I2C library into Node Red to drive devices, sometime I needed to rewrite in Js code the "drivers" for these divices, cause lack of direct libraries, but the result is ok..

buggy ?
I have pi's running for 180 days now with no reboots or lockups. Monitoring and running a 200,000 sq refrigeration plant / food production.

I use dietpi to run my pi's its light weight and easy to do. I just got the compressors monitoring. Waiting on a 500 psi sensor so one N/A value for now.

NOTE!!! waiting on engineer to get me the values for the ranges. I have no clue what end points he wants for the gauges

1 Like

Glad it works good, I suppose you're using RaspiArduino for your project.. my consideration was exactly about it, not Node Red.
Buggy because it take full control of I2C and not realease it with wire.end();
Difficult to find an MQTT plugin and not reliable one I found,
when you compile.. chanches are it doesn't and copy/paste the code to a new sketch solves the problem,
you need to accurate remove libraries which are for Arduino only, to avoid IDE compiles with them instead of RaspberryArduino ones.
There are some difficulties I had. I moved to NodeRed and all solved

1 Like