Export and import a flow with all nodes inside

Hi all.
I have a lot of IOT devices that needs an upgrade by installs new flows inside NR.
When I try to import these new flows, some nodes appears not complete because the relative node is not installed on the palette.
If the machine can be connect to the internet, I can upgrade palette with the node, if I don't have any connection to the internet, this operation is not possible.
There is a way to "pack" into the same export file both flows and palette nodes or a way to place a file into the IOT disk in order to install the new nodes from local?
Best regards

No.

Yes.

1. download the required module tgz files

2. Use the upload module button

Hello.
First of all, thanks for your answer.
The first half of your suggestion is OK, but I see that inside the IOT I 've installed NODE-RED 1.0.3.
This version do not have the button 3, that appears e.g. on 1.3.5 version that I have installed on my PC.
There is a similar way to upgrade NODE-RED itself?
BR

Node-RED is a node.js app, upgrades can be done through npm as with any other similar app. But note the node.js requirements for the latest versions. When upgrading, you need to be on a supported LTS version of node.js (sensible to keep on those anyway). After upgrading node.js, if you have any nodes that have binary/c++ components (typically hardware related), you will probably want to do an npm rebuild in your userDir folder.

Thanks all for help.

This topic was automatically closed 14 days after the last reply. New replies are no longer allowed.