Extract a special value from a message

Hi,

I want to get Webhooks from my Cisco Webex Teams Account without exposing my Node Red installation.

Therefore I registered to node-red-contrib-webhookrelay and I am already receiving messages.

{"id":"Y2lzY29zcGFyazovL3VzL1dFQkhPT0svMGY1MDBmNTEtMjE5Ni00MWEwLTk0MDUtMmIyNTJkMGIxOGRk","name":"NODE-RED:7a067edd.a87e3","targetUrl":"https://my.webhookrelay.com/v1/webhooks/xyz","resource":"messages","event":"created","orgId":"xyz","createdBy":"xyz","appId":"xyz","ownedBy":"creator","status":"active","created":"2020-02-02T12:32:42.365Z","actorId":"xyz","data":{"id":"this-id-i-want-to-extract","roomId":"xyz","roomType":"group","personId":"Y...

I need the second ID, the ID with the value "this-id-i-want-to-extract" as payload.

Best Regards,
Johannes

It looks like that body is a JSON string. Have you tried a change node to move the msg.payload.body to msg.payload, followed by a JSON node? Afterwards, you put in a debug node again to see how the object is formatted, considering it is a valid json to start with. Looking at the output it could also be that it outputs several JSON objects one after another, but I can't say that for sure from this limited screenshot. Start there, I'd say.
Okay, I spoke too soon, you have the object mostly included in your post. It's a single JSON object, as text. So after the JSON node you can access the value you need as msg.payload.data.id.

This topic was automatically closed 14 days after the last reply. New replies are no longer allowed.