Failed to start node-red. "path" argument must be of type string. Received an instance of Object

12 May 15:01:21 - [info] Node-RED version: v1.0.3
12 May 15:01:21 - [info] Node.js version: v12.16.2
12 May 15:01:21 - [info] Windows_NT 10.0.17763 x64 LE
12 May 15:01:22 - [info] Loading palette nodes
12 May 15:01:22 - [error] Failed to start server:
12 May 15:01:22 - [error] TypeError [ERR_INVALID_ARG_TYPE]: The "path" argument must be of type string. Received an instance of Object
at validateString (internal/validators.js:117:11)
at Object.join (path.js:375:7)
at getModuleNodeFiles (C:\Users\zuhai\AppData\Roaming\npm\node_modules\node-red\node_modules@node-red\registry\lib\localfilesystem.js:207:29)
at C:\Users\zuhai\AppData\Roaming\npm\node_modules\node-red\node_modules@node-red\registry\lib\localfilesystem.js:320:35
at Array.forEach ()
at Object.getNodeFiles (C:\Users\zuhai\AppData\Roaming\npm\node_modules\node-red\node_modules@node-red\registry\lib\localfilesystem.js:319:21)
at load (C:\Users\zuhai\AppData\Roaming\npm\node_modules\node-red\node_modules@node-red\registry\lib\loader.js:44:37)
at processTicksAndRejections (internal/process/task_queues.js:97:5)

How did you launch node-red? What was the command line you used?

Have you modified settings.js at any time before this happened?

for start i type node-red

i try to create custom module and install it before and it work fine..

then my suggestion would be uninstall the custom module and try again.

i uninstall it but still showing me this error

As @Steve-Mcl asked, have you changed settings.j?. If so then it is probably an error in that file.

its working fine now . i uninstall node-red and reinstall it ...

@zuhaib446 glad you're sorted.

To anyone else reading this in the future, please don't blindly uninstall & reinstall. That is like using a sledgehammer to crack a nut.

It would be much better to understand why this happened.

1 Like

This topic was automatically closed 14 days after the last reply. New replies are no longer allowed.