Failed to start server

Dear friends,

Hi, Thanks in advance for your support for solving our problems. I have a situation that I don't know what to do! I already read all the topics related to this problem but still I have this error :thinking
I tried to restore my windows to an earlier set point and after finished system restore, node red stopped and I have this error

I would appreciate it if you help me to fix my sweet node red.

In order to make code and logs readable and usable it is necessary to surround your code with three backticks (also known as a left quote or backquote ```)

``` 
   code goes here 
```

You can edit and correct your post by clicking the pencil :pencil2: icon.

See this post for more details - How to share code or flow json

Can't see from that what might be wrong. However, note that you can go back to a completely clean install of node-red and then restore your settings and flows.

So, failing any suggestions from other people, I would remove node-red with npm remove -g node-red, rename your userDir folder - c:\Users\tsw08\.node-red to something else.

Then re-install node-red with npm install -g node-red --production --unsafe-perm.

Run Node-RED for the first time to populate a new userDir folder and make sure it all works. Then go though and restore your settings and flows. Re-testing as you go along.

I lost my acces to node red flows! For now my problem is starting server.

Lost access how? Is the folder gone?

No, fortunately floder is safe but the issue is launching node red!

Then follow the instructions I've given.

Thanks for your advice! I followed your instruction and now server is running :slight_smile:
but I don't understand how can I recall the old flows back!

Actually, I don't remember what libraries I installed before! that's why I need to recall the old settings.

In your copy of the userDir, the package.json file contains the libraries. Stop node-red, copy that file to the new userDir folder, from the command line:

cd ~/.node-red
npm install

Restart node-red. that will restore all of your libraries.

To get the flows back, stop node-red again and copy over all files that start with .config, everything that is *.json and copy over the folder that is called context. Also copy over the settings.js file.

Thanks alot.

This topic was automatically closed 14 days after the last reply. New replies are no longer allowed.