Filter msg.payload.array and show only new object

which got me a little further... I added "updatet" to the index.js...
then I can at least "sort" the list according to the appropriate order and can also identify the "new" devices.

text: 'Updated',
                align: 'start',
                sortable: true,
                value: 'updated',
            },

That could be true in the XML file I think due to the way that nmap works. However, that's why you accumulate the data in node-red. I take in each run's xml, convert to json, add to/update the existing data in node-red and write out a json file to make sure I've got a copy.

I wanted the script to run stand-alone even if node-red isn't running. Not really an advantage over driving it from node-red to be honest - more that I already had some other scripts that I run via CRON so that was what I thought of first.

Good point. I don't have enough devices to make that automation necessary. I just want to be able to keep track of what is on the network. I use the web page to add descriptions as needed. I tend to give things a fixed IP in the router's DHCP settings. However, I recently had a router issue and it made me realise that having DHCP issued IP addresses - even fixed ones - is not a good idea if you want your local network devices to carry on working if the router is dead! Should have known better but it has been a very long time since I had a router failure (it was just the power supply that failed in fact).

This topic was automatically closed 60 days after the last reply. New replies are no longer allowed.