Hi all. Just introduced to node-red. 25 years in IT but not anything remotely related to programming, I'm a copy/paste guy when it comes to this, at best!
I have somehow, built the following but having trouble with the proper image capture
- raspberryPi 4 running latest node-red and mosquitto
- wemos d1 mini attached to driveway motion sensor. when motion is sensed, the wemos sends mqtt message to node red
- when node-red sees the mqtt payload of 'motion', it captures an image from an ipcamera.
- timestamp and captured image are put onto nodered dashboard
so I thought I had it, but realized that every time I refresh the dashboard, I just see current image from the ipcamera. so node-red obviously isn't 'capturing' an image, its just passing the URL through to the dashboard and I see the current image from camera in realtime, or at least thats what I think is happening.
any pointers in where to look? I'm new user so can't attach the flow json file, i'll post screenshot and assume I can post the code below here. What I would really like is
- last image is shown on UI with timestamp
- the last X images are shown as viewable links, with timestamp for each, so I can go back and view the last few.
- every time image is taken I get an email with that image and timestamp. i haven't tackled that yet, I want to fix the image capture first
I think I may be going about this incorrectly. Is the right way to do it to capture the image file, save it locally to the Pi, then have dynamic file listing built that shows each image 'entry'? or something similar to that.
thanks! be kind to a noob!