✨ FlexDash alpha release - round 3

Xmas Release

25 Dec 12:05:13 - [info] Node-RED FlexDash plugin version 0.4.131                 
25 Dec 12:05:14 - [info] Node-RED FlexDash version 0.4.131                        
25 Dec 12:05:14 - [info] Node-RED FD Core Widgets version 0.4.61                  
25 Dec 12:05:16 - [info] FlexDash UI version 0.4.82                               

Changes

• CustomWidgets: The method for importing dependencies has been rewritten for the umpteenth time. It now uses import maps and the FD Custom node allows import sources to be specified. Pretty powerful stuff and this time there are no more hacks in the process: yay!

• TimePlot, TimePlotRaw, WindPlot: the handling of incremental plot updates (i.e. sending points incrementally as opposed to the whole data set in one go) has been moved into the Node-RED nodes. (I just noticed that I forgot to do the same for Sparkline, oops.)

• TimePlot, TimePlotRaw, WindPlot: sending a null or [] message payload now properly clear the plot.

• URL hash-based navigation: when navigating between tabs the URL will now show something like https://example.com/flexdash/#2 where the #2 refers to the second tab. This means that page reloads, bookmarks, pasted links go straight to the correct tab. In addition, it is possible to go straight to a pop-up grid with a URL like ...#2/3. The grid designator may be the node-red ID of the corresponding node, the sequential number in the tab, or the title of the grid. The grid-level nav is experimental and subject to change...

• BarPlot: A Bar chart Custom Widget is available over in the Flexdash Bar Chart topic. It's pretty simple, but I hope to make it into a std widget. Most importantly, a uPlot bar chart plugin is now included in FlexDash. (That thread also has long posts about using Echarts with FlexDash...)

Issues

Hopefully no new ones, see the first thread in this topic for the list.

2 Likes