Flows and dashboard palette disappeared

• I didn't enable the overlay filesystem enabled.
  • The disk (witch is by now an USB stick) seems to work ok.
  • When I just started the pi half an hour ago, the flow I made yesterday was still present.
  • Nodered was maybe installed 1 week ago.
pi@pi3:~ $ ls -l /var/log/nodered-install*
-rw-r--r-- 1 root root    0 Apr  2 08:55 /var/log/nodered-install.log
-rw-r--r-- 1 root root 7665 Mar 24 18:25 /var/log/nodered-install.log.1
pi@pi3:~ $ 

Has it been installed on Mar 24 and reinstalled on Apr 2 ? Exactly what I say ! I installed nodered about 1 week ago and may flows and the dashboard palette disappeared this week end !
How is that possible I did reinstall nodered without noticing it?
In the same time, I've been doing so many manipulation with mosquitto witch refused to work as intended. I might have thought reinstalling mosquitto but instead reinstalled nodered ....

I don't think there is any significance to the zero bytes file from Apr 2.
Reinstalling Node-red by using the install script does not delete any existing flows.

Just in case you reinstalled the OS while distracted ( :upside_down_face: ) stat / | grep Birth should tell you.

Open up an SSH session then Up Arrow a few times to see any hystorical command you might have run to cause the disappearance? - a Long shot indeed, but sometimes might just uncover the reason

Hmm. Did you recently switch from SD boot to USB?

pi@pi3:~ $ stat / | grep Birth
 Birth: 2023-02-21 05:07:24.000000000 +0100
pi@pi3:~ $ 

The only time I switch from SD to USB was maybe 2 weeks ago.
By the time the USB boot worked, I didn't have any more reason to switch back to the SD card.

I think we'll stop there. I'll redo my flows, that's it.
I hope it won't happen again.

@ marcus-j-davies I've been doing so many things since ...might be a pure waste to look for I don't know what.

I thanks you all for your help and expertise, indeed.
Really nice to have you on Nodered forum.

Your flows may be sitting on the SD card.

I just had a look, but there is only a small flow I made at the beginning before switching to the USB boot.

This topic was automatically closed 60 days after the last reply. New replies are no longer allowed.