Found a couple of really cool simple time pickers

The "clean code" and "code complexity" are subjective assessments. And taking those with high priority may even have drawbacks. Yes it is important but much more important is to have reliability and maintainability. And those are rather technical things.

JavaScript allows to create one functionality in many different ways. And the correct way is always the way it is done until there is no any (side)issues introduced. That's all.
If you take some existing code and apply your changes or improvements on top of it and you do it in completely different manner, you will have two types of "handwritings" in same piece of paper. If you are fast code reader, no problem. But will it be shareable to slow reader?
Times go by, standards will change, but culture stays.

I'm not qualified to give valid advises on topic of how to write code.

Thank you. It is reassuring to know that there seems to be a lot of scope over style. I had come across an exchange of views over jquery optimisation and code structure but I did not have enough knowledge to appreciate the subtleties being discussed.

I took a close look at the dashboard node-red-ui-nodes sources and my gut feeling is that it is too large a task for me to handle right now.

I will try and finish the overall functional behaviour and see how the land lies then.

Thanks again.

This topic was automatically closed 30 days after the last reply. New replies are no longer allowed.