Free Node-RED Hosting in the Cloud - Grafana

Hi,

Bit off the topic here

The post Free Node-RED Hosting in the Cloud very nice.

Have anyone add the deployment of Grafana?

I can load Grafana and the server is running, but cant access it from outside. (I did stet the fire wall) but seems the port is not open.

Any suggestions?

Ok seems I have won 1/2.

Used the guide to install Grafana

Then opened port 3000 in the security settings.

And then ran from the command line - sudo iptables -I INPUT -p tcp --dport 3000 -j ACCEPT

But as soon as I reboot the instance I need to rerun - sudo iptables -I INPUT -p tcp --dport 3000 -j ACCEPT

Hi,

Can you run the iptables command followed by the Node-RED startup command from a startup script that is executed at boot time?

How about running iptables from an 'Exec' command within Node-RED before you need to expose the Grafana interface?

Or how about the Daemon node? node-red-node-daemon (node) - Node-RED

Cheers,

Paul

1 Like

Hi Johan, yes I have influx & grafana running in a Oracle cloud instance, but it's a while since I set it up.
However I did make a few notes about the oracle firewall, which may help you...

sudo firewall-cmd --permanent --zone=public --add-port=2087-2087/tcp
sudo firewall-cmd --reload
sudo firewall-cmd --permanent --zone=public --remove-port=3000/tcp
sudo firewall-cmd --zone=public --list-ports

Also, take a look at ORACLE-BASE - Linux Firewall (firewalld, firewall-cmd, firewall-config)

1 Like

Thank you @Paul-Reed, but this did not open the port.

My InfluxDB were running fine without needing to open up the firewall.

@paulkeates Thank you I will need to look at the startup script option maybe

No, that command closes port 3000

I was referring to port 2087 - which is the port from which I serve my Grafana charts (the same port as listed in the grafana config)
(I left the port 3000 in as an example so you can both open and close whichever port you wish)

I were wondering why you wanted me to remove the port.

So now I add the port and have reboot the instance a few time and it stays open ---- Working ---- Happy Days ---- :slight_smile:

sudo firewall-cmd --permanent --zone=public --add-port=3000/tcp
sudo firewall-cmd --reload

@Paul-Reed Thank you

1 Like

This topic was automatically closed 14 days after the last reply. New replies are no longer allowed.