FTP download folder

Hello readers. for a proyect i need to download a folder from a FTP server. the only node what allows something close to what i need, is this one https://flows.nodered.org/node/node-red-contrib-ftp Does anyone knows how can i do for download a full folder?. i have been trying a lot stuff, but this module requires the full path incluying the file name, so it can not download any folder. Thanks for any advice.

Regards
Martín.

0 Likes

I don't think the ftp protocol itself supports a directory download option. So any ftp clients that do it are getting a listing recursively and downloading files one by one automatically.

Can't you list the files and then recursively download them one at a time?

0 Likes

Thanks for your reply ukmoose, yes i can, but this data is generated every 1 hour 24/7, so it means that its required to download a lot of files per day and week. i thought if i could download a folder it might be more faster.

0 Likes

You may want to look at something like the lftp command line tool. As that can handle directories - and then call it via an exec node for example.

0 Likes

Thanks for your reply dceejay. i have never listen lftp before, as i can see at google it is exactly what i needed. thanks so much for your advice :smile:.

0 Likes