Function programming help

Hi Guys, im new to Node Red and hooked up my Smartmeter. Now i want to isolate this Value on the button. But how can i do it over the function node. Sorry i have non coding skills and this is my last problem to solve

the Path is:

payload["1-0:16.7.0*255"].values[0].value

Thanks

Hi @Nick94.

What do you mean by isolate this value on the button? Exactly what do you want to do with the value?

i want to pull the marked value. I only need this for my planned Control system. Do you know what i mean?

Hi Nick

You can move or copy the value to msg.payload using a change node.

Also, in case you are not aware, there’s a great page in the docs (Working with messages : Node-RED) that will explain how to use the debug panel to find the right path to any data item.

Pay particular attention to the part about the buttons that appear under your mouse pointer when you over hover a debug message property in the sidebar.

BX00Cy7yHi

I recommend watching this playlist: Node-RED Essentials. The videos are done by the developers of node-red. They're nice & short and to the point. You will understand a whole lot more in about 1 hour. A small investment for a lot of gain.

Hi,
i tried it with the change node and it works fine. Thank you!

This topic was automatically closed 14 days after the last reply. New replies are no longer allowed.