Getting a Problem to represent Lightings for a house with 3 floors

Any assistance will be greatly appreciated. The Question is
Q)-Create a flow that simulates light switches and lights in a house.

1. Search for suitable visualisation palettes that map a switch (on / off) and use it on the NodeRed
    dashboard.

2. A switch should send an MQTT message corresponding to the state of the light (on / off). (Depending on the switch library, you may only need to connect the switch to an MQTT Publisher!)

3. Find an LED representation, which then corresponds to the state of a lamp in the house. Connect the LED to an MQTT receiver in such a way that the state of the associated switch is indicated by the LED.

4. Create a dashboard visualisation for a house with 3 floors (basement, ground floor, 1st floor), each with 4 rooms and each containing a lamp. One canvas is sufficient for the whole house. (Group a set of Light Switches and the connected LEDs on the dashboard. )

5. Additionally add a label for each led - switch group.

6. Use a comment node to describe your set of Topics, discuss why you have developed the topic as you have done.

Welcome to the forum @Vikas

That sounds remarkably like a student exercise. If you need any specific help on a particular aspect of the problem we will be glad to help, but I don't think anyone is going to do your homework for you.

However, to get started, I recommend watching this playlist: Node-RED Essentials. The videos are done by the developers of node-red. They're nice & short and to the point. You will understand a whole lot more in about 1 hour. A small investment for a lot of gain.

Hi, welcome to the forum.
OK, how far have you got so far ?
Please show us what you have developed and describe any specific problems that you are having.

Hello Thanku soo much for your reply. I have done till third part i have a led representation in dashboard which turns green and red as per on/off signals but i am getting struck in the floor representation. how to start with that

Yess you are correct sir its a basic exercise. I am getting struck in floor representtaions

If you need the dashboard to overlay a diagram then you could look at node-red-contrib-ui-svg (node) - Node-RED. It is very powerful, but it is not trivial to use. I think if you search the forum for that node you will find some examples of what it can do. I have not used it myself. I suggest that you edit the thread title to make it more descriptive of your problem.

1 Like

This topic was automatically closed 30 days after the last reply. New replies are no longer allowed.