Gmail v2.2.1 - SyntaxError: JSON.parse: unexpected character at line 1 column 1 of the JSON data - msg.header

I have two Node Red systems running identical flows. I had to rebuild my Pi3 system and in the process Gmail v2.2.1 was included in the palette, it was released 4 days ago. The other system is running gmail v2.1.

On the 2.2.1 system, emails were sent but an error was reported in an attachment reporting an error SyntaxError: JSON.parse: unexpected character at line 1 column 1 of the JSON data.

Eventually I found that v2.2.1 uses msg.header and it contained the text below. It appears to ne system data and it not surprising that it reports a JSON syntax error. I have never put anything in this area. However setting it " " make gmail v2,2,1 work.

This seams a clash of variable names that will cause countless problems.

I'm reporting this so that the originators can comment and others can avoid time spent tracking down the problem

Text from msg-headers ================
{"server":"openresty","date":"Sat, 16 Mar 2024 16:54:11 GMT","content-type":"application/json; charset=utf-8","content-length":"17695","connection":"close","x-cache-key":"/data/2.5/onecall?Country=UK&DailyFcst=1&Email=charles.hornblower%40gmail.com&HighTemp=1&HighUV=1&Ice=1&Lat=51.8081&Location=Europe%2FTest&Long=1.1897&MetCheck=1&Name=Charles-test&Rain=1&SmsText=E&Snow=1&Tele=07595592873&Vis=1&Wind=1&exclude=minutely&lang=en&lat=51.81&lon=1.19&units=metric","access-control-allow-origin":"*","access-control-allow-credentials":"true","access-control-allow-methods":"GET, POST","x-node-red-request-node":"dcc133b0"}
End ===============

This topic was automatically closed 90 days after the last reply. New replies are no longer allowed.