Google Sheets odd append behavior

I'm appending time in Col A and temp in Col B to Sheet1. Pretty simple and all works perfectly. Here's what appears to me to be odd behavior.

Since Sheet1 simply collects data I use Sheet2 to process it.

So in Sheet2 A1 I use =Sheet1!A1 then =Sheet1!A2, =Sheet1!A3, etc down the column. New values are appended perfectly in Sheet1 but when they are, they force the next open row on Sheet2 to change the formula so instead I get =Sheet1!A1 then =Sheet1!A2, =Sheet1!A4. It eliminates =Sheet1!A3 and replaces it with =Sheet1!A4 and therefore nothing is updated in Sheet2.

So I must have something set up incorrectly with either the Google Sheets Node or the spreadsheet but I'm at a loss to understand what it is. I've never seen this behavior before using append.

Thoughts appreciated.

I'm using node-red-contrib-google-sheets v1.1.2, method = append row and cells = Sheet1!A1:B1

I am not familiar with the Google Sheets Node, but if you can't resolve your issue I suggest you use a Google Form to register your data to a Google Sheet via an HTTP Request Node. It is the standard way that I send data to Google Sheets from Node Red. For more information you can see my project notes.

Thanks for the tip. I'll check it out.

This topic was automatically closed 60 days after the last reply. New replies are no longer allowed.