GPS Tracker protocols

Hello,

Can you advise wether creating nodes is required for integrating GPS tracking devices. And if so, how would that be done?

We have the device protocols already and they seem to be ASCII Based.

Thank you in advance
Michael

Not necessary. All the nodes necessary to work with ASCII data via serial, TCP, UDP, MQTT, modbus, etc, etc already exist.

Hello Steve,
Thank you for that.

Can you advise which nodes are these please, and if I need to perform integrations using a protocol from square one, how do I go about that?

Not really. You haven't said what communication medium you will use to talk to the devices.

If you are new to node-red, it would be wise to spend some time getting to grips with it.

I recommend watching this playlist: Node-RED Essentials. The videos are done by the developers of node-red. They're nice & short and to the point. You will understand a whole lot more in about 1 hour. A small investment for a lot of gain.

Also, Have a look at the examples in the cookbook and the flow library.

I will take up that suggestion, thank you. I did start to watch something, but I will definitely take the time to do as per suggestion.

The GPS tracking systems will be communicating by TCP and will be using CAT-M1, 3G or 4G.

Salut a toi,
il m'a ete demade de realiser un programme avec node red qui consiste a pouvoir localiser un equipement du reseau.
Pourrais-tu me donner plus d'information sur cela ???

[translation added by moderator]
Hi to you,
I was asked to create a program with node red which consists in being able to locate a network device.
Could you give me more information on this ???

This topic was automatically closed 60 days after the last reply. New replies are no longer allowed.