Gradient Button Style

I am trying to get the buttons to have a 3D look with a gradient. I have inserted this into the button CSS section but it has no effect. Is there something missing here? I got this from CSS schools website.

<!DOCTYPE html>
<html>
<head>
<style>
#grad1 {
  height: 200px;
  background-image: linear-gradient(to top, rgba(255,0,0,1),rgba(255,0,0,0), rgba(255,0,0,1));
}
</style>
</head>
<body>

<h1>Linear Gradient - Transparency</h1>
<p>To add transparency, we use the rgba() function to define the color stops. The last parameter in the rgba() function can be a value from 0 to 1, and it defines the transparency of the color: 0 indicates full transparency, 1 indicates full color (no transparency).</p>

<div id="grad1"></div>

</body>
</html>

Add a ui_template node set to "HEAD"

Enter the following...

<style>
.nr-dashboard-theme .nr-dashboard-button .md-button {
    background-image: linear-gradient(to top, rgba(255,0,0,1),rgba(255,0,0,0), rgba(255,0,0,1));
}
</style>

Example...

This will however affect all buttons on the dashboard

If you want only few or a group of buttons styled, you will have to repeat the style entry multiple times for each button using a more specific css selector.

Dumb question and too tired to search :blush: where is this CSS section to be found? In Edit Button Node or is there a special addon I need?

There is no means of adding CSS or a class to your button.

you have to use a suitable CSS selector and some style code.

I have raised a PR that would permit you to simply add a class name to the button (or text or group or button or ...) that would should simplify situations like this but it is not yet been accepted.

Thank you Steve,

If I want to invert the gradient with a mouse hold over do
i use the mouse down code? is there a resource where I could read up on the working of the css for Node-red dashboard?

Can the border of the button also be set with this style function?
Thanks

Umm... what? :stuck_out_tongue: OK, I understand I would need to determine and write the appropriate CSS code... but where to put it?

In a UI template node inside style tags

1 Like

Ahh yes, a no0b moment... the template node holding the button, not the button node I want to change.. got it :blush:

This topic was automatically closed 14 days after the last reply. New replies are no longer allowed.