Hello I need connect with TCP client and get data (I have Sick Thickness Sensor , i want to collect data through tcp client (message is <STX> MEASURE B <ETX> )

Hello.

SICK THICKNESS SENSOR
(Send Message MEASURE B )

I want to checking TCP client in Herclus software , its comming for ref image

1. Node red side i am using TCP client module for ref image setting

2. Node red side i am getting error Ref img.

Please Help me any one how to read TCP Client data

[Post Edited by Moderator to make it readable]

Hello! Looks like you have inserted your entire post into block quotes, which has killed your image attachments. Please try once more and make sure the preview pane shows your images.

1 Like

Thank you for editing your post. Looks like you have configured your TCP node to look for a port setting to be found in msg.5010 rather than statically configured for port 5010. Also, doesn't the first image show the sensor refusing your connection attempts?

What/which is that TCP client node ? Is there any reason why you aren't using the built in core TCP nodes ? Also which way round is this supposed to be - are you connecting to Node-RED or is Node-RED connecting to the device ?

1 Like

Sending/Receiving through Node-RED built in TCP nodes have worked flawlessly for me. We talk to pretty much anything, barcode readers, weighing equipment, other PCs using Node-RED too.

1 Like

This topic was automatically closed 60 days after the last reply. New replies are no longer allowed.