Help needed - Window open climate off - using wildcards

Hey there.

I need your help.

What I’m trying to archive is to have a simple „window open, climate off automation“, but with one simple automation, using wildcards.

Everywhere I look around, people doing it all one by one - specifying every room, every window and every thermostat in single automations.
Having an office, a brothers-home, a parents-home and an own Home makes things really annoying.

So basically taking the Area of a window-magnet to choose which Area to turn off the climate.
Ideally restoring it’s old value after closing the window.
And also ideally choosing the name from that window-magnet for the cover to open (if named the same), so let some fresh air in.

So I thought maybe you guys have done something like this already or maybe it’s interesting enough for you to build? :slight_smile:

Long story short
something like

If: window.{Bedroom_Front} in area.{Bedroom} gets opened
do: turn_off climate in area.{Bedroom} and (if closed) open cover.{Bedroom_Front} to 30%

thanks

OK you have not mentioned your environment - but i am guessing that with the terminology you have used - this is Home Assistant with the Node Red Add-on ?

If so i would suggest you would be better off on the Node-red subforum on the HA forum (in the third party section as they will be better able to integrate the answer into the HA environment.

There are only a couple of us on here who use HA very much at all

Craig

You leave out details, what nodes are you using what are their output messages, what are the input messages to open/close, turn on/ turn off. All this info will help people help you. Without it we are guessing, so an answer will probably not quite fit your actual needs

thank you guys.
in home assistant a very nice fellow has made this flow, which works great so far

[{"id":"744b9f1935875b62","type":"server-events","z":"892eaca92f0b4509","name":"","server":"","version":2,"eventType":"state_changed","exposeToHomeAssistant":false,"eventData":"{\"new_state\":  {\"state\": \"on\", \"attributes\": { \"device_class\": \"window\"}}}","haConfig":[{"property":"name","value":""},{"property":"icon","value":""}],"waitForRunning":true,"outputProperties":[{"property":"payload","propertyType":"msg","value":"$outputData(\"eventData\").event.new_state","valueType":"jsonata"},{"property":"template","propertyType":"msg","value":"\"{{ area_id('\" & $outputData(\"eventData\").entity_id & \"')}}\"","valueType":"jsonata"}],"event_type":"","x":244,"y":1104,"wires":[["ca4b9b28e27c1efd"]]},{"id":"ca4b9b28e27c1efd","type":"api-render-template","z":"892eaca92f0b4509","name":"get entities for area","server":"","version":0,"template":"","resultsLocation":"payload","resultsLocationType":"msg","templateLocation":"template","templateLocationType":"msg","x":454,"y":1104,"wires":[["39633f7c67c42b88","eb0b34b5c95576b3"]]},{"id":"39633f7c67c42b88","type":"api-call-service","z":"892eaca92f0b4509","name":"turn off climate","server":"","version":5,"debugenabled":false,"domain":"climate","service":"turn_off","areaId":["{{payload}}"],"deviceId":[],"entityId":[],"data":"","dataType":"jsonata","mergeContext":"","mustacheAltTags":false,"outputProperties":[],"queue":"none","x":672,"y":1104,"wires":[[]]},{"id":"eb0b34b5c95576b3","type":"api-call-service","z":"892eaca92f0b4509","name":"open covers","server":"","version":5,"debugenabled":false,"domain":"cover","service":"set_cover_position","areaId":["{{payload}}"],"deviceId":[],"entityId":[],"data":"{\"position\": 30}","dataType":"jsonata","mergeContext":"","mustacheAltTags":false,"outputProperties":[],"queue":"none","x":662,"y":1152,"wires":[[]]}]
2 Likes

This topic was automatically closed 60 days after the last reply. New replies are no longer allowed.