Help with DALI SCI RS232

Hello, I am learning a little and playing with home automation and I have a DALI SCI RS232 and I would like to connect it to nodeRed. Using the DALI-Cockpit and DALI-Monitor tools I can send commands and manage the lights and see the commands sent through the monitor, so far everything is ok. I am trying to do this same thing in NodeRED but I can't do it, I also tried to develop my own software in python with the functions of turning lights on and off for example but I can't communicate via serial with the DALI SCI RS232 nor do I know how to send the commands to it (frame that I captured with the monitor) once I achieve the connection, I have investigated and there is not much information about it, can someone give me a hand, thank you!!

Do the existing nodes work for you? @lunatone/node-red-dali - npm

Have you tried simply sending them to the device via a serial request node?

my device is https://www.lunatone.com/en/product/dali-sci-rs232/ not work in @lunatone/node-red-dali - npm

I would like to send a frame through the serial port but I don't know how to do it

Have you installed the serial port node?

Ps, to give you some hope, what you are asking for perfectly possible and super simple in node-red - so don't get disheartened

If you are very new to node-red, then...

I recommend watching this playlist: Node-RED Essentials. The videos are done by the developers of node-red. They're nice & short and to the point. You will understand a whole lot more in about 1 hour. A small investment for a lot of gain.

This topic was automatically closed 60 days after the last reply. New replies are no longer allowed.