Help with text formatting in `template` node with output to `text` node

(OLD dashboard - just to be clear)

This is what I have now.
When: {{time}} Error: {{payload}} id: {{source.id}} type: {{source.type}}

And it goes - via a few nodes - to a text node to be displayed.

But I would like some styles/formating too.

This is a bit bland.
:frowning:

I am open to using/trying the ui_template node.
(how ever it is spelt.)

Been a while since I used either Dashboard but if I remember correctly, you need to change the text node output from {{msg.payload}} to {{{msg.payload}}} to allow AngularJS to treat the input as HTML rather than text. Then you can simply include HTML formatting in your template.

Bad news.

No seeming to work.

[{"id":"f4d7facf9a0eae91","type":"inject","z":"c3ec93b2.f3154","g":"e00b697a44223e03","name":"","props":[{"p":"payload"},{"p":"topic","vt":"str"}],"repeat":"","crontab":"","once":false,"onceDelay":0.1,"topic":"","payload":"**This** is **a** test","payloadType":"str","x":1080,"y":4750,"wires":[["7a50fe368a22b24a"]]},{"id":"c10d9b53be9818e4","type":"inject","z":"c3ec93b2.f3154","g":"e00b697a44223e03","name":"","props":[{"p":"payload"},{"p":"topic","vt":"str"}],"repeat":"","crontab":"","once":false,"onceDelay":0.1,"topic":"","payload":"Test","payloadType":"str","x":1060,"y":4790,"wires":[["7a50fe368a22b24a"]]},{"id":"7a50fe368a22b24a","type":"junction","z":"c3ec93b2.f3154","g":"e00b697a44223e03","x":1316,"y":4680,"wires":[["2031a14b.2fd91e","e6d3baca.8b0b38"]]},{"id":"e6d3baca.8b0b38","type":"ui_text","z":"c3ec93b2.f3154","g":"e00b697a44223e03","group":"e48399e0.8415c","order":3,"width":"10","height":"4","name":"Flow error","label":"","format":"{{{msg.payload}}}","layout":"row-spread","className":"","style":false,"font":"","fontSize":"","color":"#000000","x":1406,"y":4640,"wires":[]},{"id":"e48399e0.8415c","type":"ui_group","name":"Flow error display","tab":"48f5e285.67a4c4","order":2,"disp":true,"width":"11","collapse":false},{"id":"48f5e285.67a4c4","type":"ui_tab","name":"ALARMS","icon":"mi-notification_important","order":6,"disabled":false,"hidden":false}]

Nothing seen with either inject button.

Change the {{{msg.payload}}} to {{msg.payload}} and things are seen, just not formatted.

The template_ui node is getting tempting to try/use.

:wink:

We assumed that you were giving it html, but it appears you are trying to send it markdown **This** is **a** test). I don't think the old dashboard has any markdown support.

Ok, that explains that.

So would <b> work?

Isn't it easier to try it than ask?

Yeah, and I'm an idiot.