Home Assistant OS & Node-Red / Dashboard 2.0 does not install (error)

Using Home Assistant OS & Node-Red on a Pi4

Receiving error on the '@flowfuse/node-red-dashboard' install for the 2.0 that I (very limited knowledge of 'nux navigation) can not resolve through search here and on HA sites.

I have installed numerous other packages without such difficulty, but this one has me at a loss. Am thinking it is solely a path issue being under the HA umbrella, and hope it is a modification that I can do.

Very interested in converting my existing dashboard nodes over to the new version!

Install : @flowfuse/node-red-dashboard 1.0.2
npm install --no-audit --no-update-notifier --no-fund --save --save-prefix=~ --production --engine-strict @flowfuse/node-red-dashboard@1.0.2
[err] npm
[err] WARN config
[err] production Use --omit=dev instead.
[err] npm ERR! code ENOTEMPTY
[err] npm ERR! syscall rename
[err] npm ERR! path /config/node_modules/magic-string
[err] npm ERR! dest /config/node_modules/.magic-string-QF6ToVdy
[err] npm ERR! errno -39
[err] npm ERR!
[err] ENOTEMPTY: directory not empty, rename '/config/node_modules/magic-string' -> '/config/node_modules/.magic-string-QF6ToVdy'
[err]
[err] npm ERR! A complete log of this run can be found in: /root/.npm/_logs/2024-02-09T02_58_45_657Z-debug-0.log
rc=217

This indicates npm failed to complete (i.e. was interrupted) at some point and left some old directory laying around.

Since HA runs Node-RED in a container, you will need to get into that container and delete that directory *1.

Then you should have zero issues installing dashboard.

I would be surprised if you don't see this error for every future node install attempt (not just dashboard)

*1 You may have to ask on the HA forums how to get into the container

Yes, you are absolutely correct- I am now aware that other nodes are not installing now.

This is a very recent development, as I added a node package last week without any such problem.

Thought it may be because of the new release of the dashboard and HA not playing nice.

Will research the container issue and try to resolve- the terminology of containers and accessing them is lost on me.

Thanks!

As it is on lots of folk (search the forum for posts mentioning docker).

Fortunately, I believe it is possible to unshackle yourself and install Node-RED directly (and still have HA integration by installing their nodes from the palette)

Returned to advise that as of Dashboard 2.0 v1.3.0 does work in HAOS now!

2 Likes

This topic was automatically closed 14 days after the last reply. New replies are no longer allowed.