How do I extract this Lux value from a Fibaro Motion Sensor

I'm a novice at NR but I'm slowly progressing using debug nodes to see what is going on.
This has me stumped though.

I have an MQTT in node that I have looking at a single topic from the sensor.

MQTT In

This is what I can narrow the payload to.

Payload

I've tried all sorts of configuration but cannot seem to get an output that only has the lux 'value'.

Like I say I'm a complete novice and not a coder but learning all the time and I just don't know where to go with this.
Any guidance would be much appreciated.

Please can you show us what messages are returned by the MQTT node (using the debug node - copy and paste), we will have a better idea of the message structure and be able to help more rather than just having to make a guess. I, for one, don't have access to a Fibaro Motion Sensor.

I recommend watching this playlist: Node-RED Essentials. The videos are done by the developers of node-red. They're nice & short and to the point. You will understand a whole lot more in about 1 hour. A small investment for a lot of gain.

I'll guess that a change node set to move msg.payload.value to msg.payload will do what you want - but yes well worth watching the videos.

Thanks for the prompt response.
I will definitely spend some time looking at the videos.
My query has been answered below but again thanks for taking the time to respond.

Doh!!! I feel such an idiot. I was using a change node but tried putting in what I thought was the full structure.
i.e. setting msg.payload.object.value to msg.payload as that is what I could see in the debug logs.

So simple.
Thanks again for the response. :+1:

1 Like

This topic was automatically closed 14 days after the last reply. New replies are no longer allowed.