How to add a License to main.json

Hello,

I'm working on a project using Node-Red as a base. The code is published under a GPLv3 license and I was wondering if there was a way to show this in Node-Red.

I understand that Node-Red is licensed under the Apache license, but this is not what I'm concerned with.

I want to include in my project the license applying to my flows. It's going to be shown on the main interface, but it's also good practice for the license to also be present in the header of the source code (in that case in the main.json).

Is there a way to do this?

I know JSON doesn't support comments, but I was thinking about a custom Node that would do this maybe? But it would be great to have a way to have this node at the top of the main.json file.

What is the community opinion on this? Are there good practices to follow? I'm happy to contribute to them if they don't and create a dedicated topic in the documentation if needed.

For the simple approach, you could use a comment node I suppose.

Another approach might be to add a custom link to the header. That is fairly straightforward.

The standard for node.js apps is to use the package.json file of course which has license details properties. There is a package.json file in the root of the userDir folder.

This topic was automatically closed 60 days after the last reply. New replies are no longer allowed.