How to add/use external libraries in flexdash? (plotly.js)

Thanks again! I will take a closer look at your flow, as soon as possible. What I can say is, "my" version sends only new data to the browser (and only re-loads all data if necessary). That's why I have to do a plot init once (create_plot() method). So I do need the event(s) from FD ctrl.

I believe in your flow, all plot data is being sent to the browser at every timestep? In our case, this would mean approx. 5000 data points times 12 channels (every 10 seconds or so).

My version has some hiccups if you open multiple browser windows, though (which is not a use-case in our application but I have to look into this as well of course).

I am planning to adapt your version of course.

1 Like

Yes, my version, as-is, will resend the whole plot every time. The reason it's the way it is is that soon the stuff in the accumulate function node will be able to be pulled into the node part of the custom widget. At that point only the updates will be sent. I would recommend you adapt the accumulate node for your needs and live with the inefficiency for a couple of weeks. See the docs page I wrote for details.

I'm planning to make time-plot.js available as a function you can just call, and to let you write your own version of all that code yourself.

1 Like

This topic was automatically closed 30 days after the last reply. New replies are no longer allowed.