How to change the theme for node-red

In node-red how to change the name of the editor and the theme. And create a installer for that modified project.

I am new to node-red(new to node.js also).

Is it possible to create a multi-tenant architecture in node-red.

0 Likes

Hi @VIKRAMAS

You can change the theme of the editor using the editorTheme property in the settings file - https://nodered.org/docs/configuration#editor-themes

There was a very recent thread in this forums where someone had created a custom dark theme - a quick search will find it.

It's up to you how you then want to create an installer for that - it isn't something we have any specific documentation on.

The runtime is single-tenant - it runs one set of flows. You can set up multiple users who are able to log into the editor, but they are still accessing the same set of flows.

0 Likes

Thank you!!, that helped a lot. Can you please provide information regarding how can we proceed with installer.

0 Likes

No. As I said, it's up to you. I don't know your requirements.

If you have only just started with it, why do you instantly have a requirement to create a custom installer? Maybe spend a bit more time on it, learn how it works and how you configure it.

Then you can figure out what you'd need to do to distribute a preconfigured instance in the way you want.

0 Likes