How to config the wml connection in wml-config node

I have been trying to connect my Node-red project to IBM Watson Machine Learning service using the wml-config node with out success. I guess the method for connecting the to the service has changed from using usernames and passwords to using apikeys. However, the version of node-red-contrib-watson-machine-learning package which is 0.0.7, still requires connection using a username and password and I guess it is the newest version. How do I connect my wml node to my wml service?

How do I connect my wml node to my wml service?

There's an open issue against the node since April Authentication Mechanism Needs updating · Issue #17 · ibm-early-programs/node-red-contrib-watson-machine-learning · GitHub
so it looks as if you will need to do it yourself in Node-RED, or update the node, the author suggests they are open to pull requests. The node does not fetch the model · Issue #18 · ibm-early-programs/node-red-contrib-watson-machine-learning · GitHub

Thanks a lot.

Is there a work around for this? Can you please advise, I just started to work on Watson today.