How to create an own TypeEditor

Is there any official documentation how to create your own TypeEditor?

No. It isn't something we've published for 3rd party nodes to use yet, although the api is most likely stable.

What are you wanting to do with it?

Thank you for your quick response.

I would like to give the user the opportunity to use a DatePicker to select a date and optionally a time. I had thought of the standard DatePicker of jQuery UI.

You can, of course, do that without creating your own TypeEditor. Not difficult to do using some simple jquery in oneditprepare.

I would like to use the DatePicker in conjunction with a TypedInput. But this is not easy. I need to access ids and class names of html tags. However, these can be change as a result of the further development of NodeRed. It would therefore be a modification of the original GUI, which is certainly not desired.

That's why my question was, is there a documentation for the TypeEditor to create a custom editor.

The TypeEditor involves the full slideout tray in the editor. For a datapicker that would be a lot of UI for not very much.

With NR 1.0, there is a new ability to have a custom ui element in place of the input field. That could be used to provide a button that pops up a date picker. Of course that would mean your node would only work on NR 1.0 or later. Don't have docs on it yet because still working on it.

Thanks for the feedback.

Then I will create the node currently without DatePicker and later with NodeRed 1.0 or higher with DatePicker.

That should be the easiest for the moment.

Definitely interested in this myself as I've had to do a fair bit of work to get a usable interface for uibuilder v2 with its file/code editor & an Editable List that has long-running processes that need some UX love.