How to delete (or rename) an output of the input split node

I created an input split node. The input to this node is an array of around 44 numbers. So, I was adding a bunch of ADD
payload.col1
payload.col2
payload.col3
And I accidentally typed 22 instead of payload.col22, and I'll be danged if I cannot figure out a way to either delete or edit "22" to "payload.col22". Do I have to delete the whole node and then restart?

Delete it from where?

The input split now has 22 branches (22 dots) on the output. I want there to now be 21 branches, removing the branch that was called "22" by mistake.

I do not understand input spilit.
Can you post an export of the node.
Edit/
Welcome to the forum.

1 Like

It's this one:

I think you have to specifically install that node for it to show up as an option.

Good luck with that. It was last updated "Updated 5 years, 2 months ago" and the link to github gets a 404 (not found).

You can probably replicate this functionality quite easily with a function node set for multiple outputs.

1 Like

I did do a search the flows for "input split" and nothing was returned. LOL

Is there not a X to the left. I have not used this node so Can only guess , sorry.

1 Like

Why do you want to split it like that? What are you doing with different outputs?

I have 2 sets of output strings. The first is 44 saved values from a motor controller that is a string in CSV format, all containing 16 bit unsigned integers. The next set of data is 20 signed integers sent as a CSV string. I'm going to route the 20 signed integers (phase 1 current, phase 2 current, Id, Iq, motor temp, controller temp, etc...) to gauges, and route the 44 saved values to slider bars that will show what the current saved values are.

To check... you have two inputs.. (down the same wire or separate?) - one is 44 columns and one is 20 columns ? If they are separate threads then feed each into a csv node - that will produce an object either with properties like col1 col2 etc or you can set correct properties if you like - then you can feed direct to gauges (or sliders) configure to show {{msg.payload.col1}} and so on for other values...
If down the same wire then we need to work out which is which and then route them appropriately before doing as per above.

1 Like

They both come as strings at random times from USB serial, like this:
"345,322,0,...,65535,\r\n" // Let's say this one is the saved values currently on the EEProm of the microcontroller.
"0,1,2,3,4,5,...\r\n" // this one is the data streaming from the controller at regular intervals.

They are distinguishable by how many variables are sent. The first is 44 numbers, and the 2nd is 20 numbers. So, what I was doing was, the "comma separated parser node" and was feeding that into a switch, and if col44 was defined, sending it all into the dreaded "input split" thing under the function section. That "input split" breaks all the stuff somehow into 44 different outputs whose payload is all the 44 different numbers.

I am brand spanking new to node.red. I am usually a low level C programmer, so this is completely a different way of thinking for me. I have no idea what I don't even know or what is possible.

Do you mean the csv node?

Did you understand what Dave was saying about not needing to split the object up as you can feed the whole message with all the properties into all the gauges and tell the gauge which property to display.

I did not know you could do that. I am a little mystified about what the objects actually are in a concrete sense, and how to access all parts of them from the gauges, etc...

You did not reply to the question "do you mean the csv node".

Yes, in a number of the dashboard nodes you can tell it what to display. Did Dave's description of how to do it make sense.

I think, as a beginner, it would be worth your while spending an hour watching the Node Red Essentials videos linked from the node red docs. Also read the docs page Working with Messages which should help you understand things.

1 Like

Hi, yes well worth checking out the video and the working with messages section - will be very useful later on

This is where I was heading (using 3 and 5 rather than 20 and 40

BUT - slight fly in ointment is that slider won't take any variable other than msg.payload... :frowning:

May use node-red-contrib-ui-level instead for that :slight_smile:

1 Like

This topic was automatically closed 60 days after the last reply. New replies are no longer allowed.