How to get "real name" of node?

Hi all,

how do I get the name of a node ( I mean the name of the node I have to search for when I want to install the node ( let's name it "real name") in Node-RED using "manage palette")?

Example:
When I select a node in a flow and open the properties of this node (doubleclick) I do net get the "real name" (in this case "node-red-contrib-moment" (as you can see in the screenshot below).

The only change I have, to get this "real name" is to find the node it in the left area where all nodes are listed and to hover the mouse to see the then the "real name" (as you can see in the screenshot below)?

Additonal question: Is "real name" the correct name or is there another term for it?

Thx!

If you select the node, then in the sidebar select info tab. At bottom select show more, the module name should be there

1 Like

Thank you so much!
:pray:
Show sidebar was disabeld in my new installation of Node-Red 3.0.2.

Hi, the name displayed on the node in the palette (Date/Time Formatter) is called paletteLabel. node-red-contrib-moment is the module name and moment is the node type.

Your "real name" is the module name.

A module is a package which contains here the nodes.

As it would be if toggle off, there is a hover tab to expand sidebar

Thank you very much, that's why I love this forum.
No stupid comments or incomplete answers.
Just great.
:clap:

1 Like

Thank you too very much, that's why I love this forum.
No stupid comments or incomplete answers.
Just great.
:clap:

This topic was automatically closed 14 days after the last reply. New replies are no longer allowed.