How to make money from a Node-RED node?

Good luck as well from me, but also wanted to add that the only morally good versions of money making I've seen from the open-source world are focussed around support. (like RedHat enterprise support kept them afloat)

Time costs money and those with some are often willing to pay to for subject matter experts to hold their hand or do it all for them.

Figure out a good method of tempting in your customer base, maybe a free first video support call up to 5minutes (probably then a paying support customer for life), maybe your customers are old and phone or in-person (covid-safe :wink: ) support is best, play to their needs.

Alternatively the cloud subscription model is clever but very often too exploitative (plus the offline-use-case issues mentioned above), but if done well with well chosen tiers (always a free/token-gesture-payment tier to tempt people in and allow experimenting with your Paid-for-service) then can be a good model, just make sure to cover your platform costs!

Oh and I disassemble obfuscated code for fun, it helps me learn, you won't stop anyone that cares enough to persistently try.

This topic was automatically closed 60 days after the last reply. New replies are no longer allowed.