How to recognize doorbell sound

Thanks, original idea.
Not sure if I put an accelerometer near the bell that it would be sensitive enough.
Of course this solution also needs power (or batery power).

another original idea :-).
Seeing how the bell rings, I am not sure if a magnet sticked to the clapper will last long.
It will also require precise positioning to assure that reed switch swiches.

... but maybe I don't need an extra magnet as the clapper itself is triggered by a magnetic field.

... that was an option I was initially thinking of. To measure the current in the low voltage circuit.
But this also requires a powered ESP device.

... very polite people seem to press very shortly on the bell. Not sure if this would last long enough to wakeup a deep sleep device and get it send a message. I understand that 433 MHz would require less energy than Wifi. But 433 MHz would add another component to the solution (ESP comes with wifi out of the box).

Note also that the low voltage circuit is AC (around 8V) and that when the bell is ringing that this circuits is interrupted with high frequency. So it is not that easy to use that power and also not clear that it would provide sufficient power during that short period.

... I also like the youtube video about the smart switch hardly requiring any power. But this would mean that I need to hack my doorbell button so the doorbell button is switching both my existing bell as well as this smart switch.

That is very true. I am indeed looking for a pure software solution.
... but all hardware alternatives posted here are also well appreciated.

:slight_smile: I think you look too far. I was thinking about the sound waves my doorbell makes.

... very very interesting. I will give precise a more precise look.

... I am just wondering if any training could be limited as my doorbell is making a very specific ring sound. I would somehow expect that it is possible to define a "specific filter" for that sound based on the recording of a single ring where there are no background noises.

No, it is an AC transformer (I think to 8V) in my case. So I guess this means that using Shelly 1 connect is not an option for me.