Since I could not set up remote debugging with the big Visual Studio 2017:
- I've red all topics related here,
- took the advice
- and finally was able install VS code so it can see and edit the .js files on my Raspberry Pi.
- also installed extensions I've thought it may be necessary.
That's great (that I do not have to copy the .js and .html files over and over, but directly edit on the Pi) but I still can not debug.
I've tried to upgrade Node-Red to 1.x to the latest (with the recommended script) >> now the whole directory I was developing GOT DELETED ! (Lucky me I've backed up... still, very frightening.)
- How do I prevent this next time happening?
- What else do I have to do so the code stops running at the "red break-points"?