How to set node status from within Editor

I think you will see that I also said the same thing, more than once. But then the conversation carried on.

Sorry. I guess I'm having trouble visualizing your scenario. You have closed a node's edit dialog but not deployed the changes. The node displays a blue circle, but in addition you want a status display pointing to other nodes that should be edited. Is that correct? If so, why should it be pre-deployment?

No, I just want other nodes, whose config is no longer valid, to display an error indicator - BEFORE the changes get deployed

The bit that has been missing in the conversation is about what could be done to add this capability, rather than trying to find inappropriate workarounds such as using node.status.

I have added an item to the backlog : Trello

If anyone is interested in working up a design for it, you're most welcome. Otherwise I'll get to it eventually.

Is the Trello card editable? I can't right now

This is definitely worth having. I've struggled at times to prevent a user from entering parameters that are inconsistent with one another. On the other hand, does this solve the original problem of having other nodes react to changes in the node being edited?

This topic was automatically closed 60 days after the last reply. New replies are no longer allowed.